Monday, December 6, 2010

The End is Near!

I left Loreto with Aiden(Ireland), Jules and Megs(Australia), and Rusty and Lorely(England) just planning to ride with them for the day.  However, they were just too much fun to ride with, so I stayed with them for a three nights in the desert.  The first day we headed up a beautiful mountain pass where I witnessed my third accident in Baja. As I was taking pictures of a roadside memorial at a hairpin near the top of the pass  I heard a slam.  I turned around to see a motorcyclist sliding on his stomach and face across the pavement into the other lane.  He just missed oncoming traffic and the guardrail, thankfully he was wearing a helmet and stopped before he slid off the cliff.  This could have been so much worse!  So I rushed over to him and pulled the motorcycle off his legs and he was alright other than a bad scrape on his eyebrow and cheek.  The man was American and in his 70's riding his brand new bike back from La Paz. Mexico is not the place to learn to ride a motorcycle. Due to his bruised ego he didn't let me help him get his bike started but luckily Aiden was able to convince the gentleman to let him help and he got the bike started for him.  After all the excitement we found a campsite in a small town for the night.  The next morning we headed out for three days on some of the flattest and straightest road yet.  We arrived in La Paz on Saturday and are have been staying in a cheap hotel since while the other prepare to leave on the ferry to Mazatlan this afternoon.  I have been so fortunate to meet so many amazing people on this trip.  Today I will say goodbye to many of those people who have inspired me.  There are many more adventures to be had and I look forward to seeing you all in the future when I come to your side of the world!  I will miss you, but its just a see you later.





There are just two more days left on the road  until I have reach the tip of the Peninsula! I will leave tomorrow for Todos Santos, stay there for a day at the beach and the next day I will arrive in Cabo San Lucas.  There I will have a day to  box my bike up and on Saturday the 11th I will hop on Alaska Airlines and be home for breakfast on the 12th.






No comments:

Post a Comment